Re: [87attendees] procedural question with remote participation

2013-08-05 06:31:09
On Monday, August 5, 2013, Aaron Yi DING wrote:

On 05/08/13 10:38, Scott Brim wrote:

Right, but Fuyou was talking about *spoken* English being more >
challenging than written English (if you can't *read* English fairly >
quickly, drafts and mailing lists are impenetrable, and you're done in >
the IETF). I'm told that it's easier for non-native English speakers to >
read slides than to parse spoken English for anyone who talks faster > than
I do.

don't forget there are accents as well which make the parsing challenging
even more challenging.

When I have talked to non-native English speakers at the IETF newcomers
tutorial, pointing out that many of the speakers they're working to
understand are also not not native English speakers often turns out to be
encouraging. ...