Re: The Friday Report (was Re: Weekly posting summary for ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org)

2013-08-05 07:38:06

On Aug 5, 2013, at 8:03 AM, Abdussalam Baryun
<abdussalambaryun(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

I agree with you John, I also not objecting it but wanted more meaning into
the report when I receive it, as I suggested before for clarifications.

It's just a weekly posting summary of raw stats - it's not a ranking system,
popularity contest, or twitter trending list.  It's not important, and doesn't
matter.  Lots of people have been at the top of that list, and we didn't get a
reward or rebuke.  Even if the summary script was stopped, people who care can
generate their own.  What's more important is the content quality of the
emails, and no automated script can measure that (except for ones the NSA has I
guess).

I don't think majority in IETF think it is meaningless so that is why I want
to clarify the meaning and discuss what most may not want to discuss.

Dude, the majority of the IETF probably thinks this entire mailing list is
meaningless.

-hadriel