Re: AppsDir review of draft-ietf-repute-model-08

2013-08-30 14:39:49
Hi Andrew,

I think it can be generalized functional description without specifics. Designs based on REPUTE and its users of such products, will need some information. That may come (hopefully) from the REPUTE product designer. I am suggesting to remind such future REPUTE product designers of such considerations. I think it will help the technical marketing of REPUTE products and REPUTE service providers. If a choice has to be made between an SMTP layer filtering protocols and some new REPUTE payload filter, then what choices are those to be considered.

Keep in mind I would be a classic target audience new reader and user of this document. I did not participate in the WG. We should not expect the audience of the document to be required to visit archives of the Repute WG to find or extract these very real and practical integration considerations. The document should have these general considerations summarized.

Thanks