Re: AppsDir review of draft-ietf-repute-model-08

2013-08-30 15:46:29
On 8/30/2013 4:09 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 03:39:14PM -0400, Hector Santos wrote:

archives of the Repute WG to find or extract these very real and
practical integration considerations.  The document should have
these general considerations summarized.

But your suggestion was for protocol-specific advice.  I don't know
how to write that in a generic way.  If you have specific text you
want, I can evaluate.

I had the start of one in my original post:

   REPUTE protocols based on this framework need to consider reputons
   based on SMTP level filtering protocols such SPF [RFC4408],
   IP based filtering [DNSRBL] or others.

If too specific (but explain why DKIM is mentioned?), then

   REPUTE protocols based on this framework should consider any
   reputons based on SMTP level filtering protocols in their designs.

with and/or:

   The design consideration for operations may necessitate disabling
   or relaxing SMTP level filters in order to enable filtering based
   on this DKIM-REPUTE model.

Thanks

--
HLS