Re: AppsDir review of draft-ietf-repute-model-08

2013-08-30 18:39:55
Hi Doug!

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 04:24:17PM -0700, Douglas Otis wrote:

Use of DKIM offers a very poor authentication example

Thanks for the feedback.  I don't recall you having made this point on
the repute mailing list.  Did you, & I missed it?

Do you have a better example, specifically excluding …

StartTLS would represent a much better example.

…this, which strikes me as suffering from a different but related set
of issues along the lines you're complaining about?

Alternatively, if we recast the description of DKIM to call it
something else, but still used it as an example of what REPUTE is
trying to do, would that solve your objection?

Best,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com