Re: ORCID - unique identifiers for contributors

2013-09-18 06:45:04
On Sep 18, 2013, at 5:09 AM, Abdussalam Baryun
<abdussalambaryun(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
on the other hand, people from industry are more organised and don't
need/want the academians ideas/participations :-)

The IETF is not an industry organization.   We want (and get!) participation
from a wide range of people, including industry people and academics.   Several
area directors are academics.

Honestly, we don't care if you are an academic, an industry person, a hobbyist
or a manatee (actually that would be kind of cool).   What we care about is
that if you participate, you do so meaningfully: you add value to the
organization either by doing the work that needs to be done, or by helping
other participants to get that work done.