Re: ORCID - unique identifiers for contributors

2013-09-18 12:10:12
On 9/18/13 8:59 AM, Spencer Dawkins wrote:
There have been (counting me) four sitting ADs posting on this 90-email
thread, plus another six or so former ADs, including a former IETF
chair, plus at least six or so WG chairs, plus other participants of
good mind and good hearts. I'm thinking that if it was possible to
reason what the right answer should be, we would have all agreed.

I found the discussion incredibly annoying because for the
most part the people raising issues didn't understand what
the ORCID identifier represents, they don't understand who
its audience is, they don't understand how bibliographic
metadata are used, etc., and yet they plowed on, undeterred
by their own lack of familiarity with the problem space.
I think it is possible to reason what the right answer should
be, but not in this environment.

Melinda