Re: ORCID - unique identifiers for contributors

2013-09-17 15:11:37
On 9/17/2013 8:07 AM, Melinda Shore wrote:
I'm not sure much needs to be done other than talking with Heather
Flanagan (the RFC Editor), getting her sign-off, and then getting
it into the xml2rfc schema and noting its existence.

What would the ORCID reference look like? My understanding is that it
would look like this: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0437-3333

Very few people use the uri element in the author block. (I count zero
in the currently extant internet-drafts XML files.) Its intended use
really is for the author to put in whatever URI they care to that helps
identify them. Its usage is directly parallel to a person's postal, fax
and email addresse. So plugging an ORCID into the URI element seems to
fit that usage perfectly.

    Tony Hansen