Re: ORCID - unique identifiers for contributors

2013-09-18 07:59:28
On 18 September 2013 02:44, Andrew G. Malis <agmalis(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Checking out the ORCID site, I noticed that when manually adding a
work, one of the possible external IDs is "Request for Comments". So
they certainly seem to be aware of the RFC series. The site already
has the ability to search various external databases to automate the
process of adding works, but doesn't have the ability to search the
RFC database for works. It would be a great addition to the site if it
could.

That's certainly doable, but may require the IETF to enter into a
partnership agreement with ORCID, The details are outside my area of
expertise, but I'd be happy to broker a contact if that would help
anyone.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing