Re: ORCID - unique identifiers for contributors

2013-09-18 07:00:31

Hiya,

On 09/18/2013 10:22 AM, Riccardo Bernardini wrote:
With
limited resources (not only funds, also students are nowadays a scarce
resource) we must concentrate our efforts where the return for unit of
work is larger.

While I sympathise, that "must" above is a choice.

Since an academic career is not supposed to be only about
publishing and climbing the greasy pole of success, academics
can choose to devote time and energy to trying to make the
Internet better.

Its entirely true that they won't be rewarded much for that
in academia.

S.