leader statements (was: Montevideo statement)

2013-10-09 14:29:47
Dear colleagues,

Once again, I'm speaking only for myself.  I think there is an
important matter here for the IETF community to think about,
particularly as the Nomcom is _right now_ seeking nominees for open
positions.  I want to be very careful to emphasise that I do not
intend to specify a preference for how things should go.  This is
because I am currently the IAB's liaison to the nomcom, and I
therefore think it's important to avoid expressing my personal
preferences in this case.  But I encourage people to talk to the
nomcom about their views on this general topic.  (Also, if you have
views about this, you might want to consider standing for an open IESG
or IAB position.)

So,