Re: Improving the ISOC Fellowship programme to attract people from under-represented regions into the IETF

2013-10-11 07:43:32
First, lets keep the discussion on topic and not at personal level. Thank you.
(This isn't addressed to you SM or Lars; it is a general comment based on some
of the mails that I see.)

Secondly, this is an interesting and important topic, thank you SM for writing
a draft. I do agree with at least the recommendation that for returning fellows
their participation and contribution in the IETF is a key objective. I have
some question marks about some of the other ones; not sure ADs in general have
time to evaluate (even more) drafts, for instance. But then again I think the
quality of the work is likely fairly apparent to anyone looking more closely,
so not sure ADs are needed.

I do have a question for Lars though. What are your opinions on this? (You said
that there is no consensus, but I'd like to hear also your thoughts.)

Jari