Re: Proper credit for work done -- on finding chairs (was CHANGE THE JOB)

2013-10-17 17:00:07
On Oct 17, 2013, at 23:47, Barry Leiba <barryleiba(_at_)computer(_dot_)org>
wrote:

"If I'm a working group chair, I do more work, overall.  And, in the
end, I get no credit for it -- my name is not on any of the documents.
And, significantly, my company gets no credit for it whatsoever, not
even listed in the datatracker.

This.

(Fortunately for me, in the WGs I have chaired, I actually did (co-)write some
of the documents.
But it often was an uphill battle to get my name on them, because WG chairs are
not supposed to do that.  Even when there are multiple chairs, who could very
well watch each other.  Well, RFC 3095 had both chairs on the document... and
14 more authors.)

Other groups, such as IEEE, list the chairs of a group prominently (as such);
they are worse in identifying the authors though.

Grüße, Carsten