Re: Proper credit for work done -- on finding chairs (was CHANGE THE JOB)

2013-10-17 17:52:57
I had promised I was through for today, but I just had a wild,
crazy, suggestion that follows on the retirement of the xx99 and
xx00 subseries of RFCs.

I wonder if we should be publishing, at regular intervals, RFCs
with explicit acknowledgements and maybe contact information for
Areas and ADs, WG Chairs, and, if appropriate, other IETF
functionaries, probably including document reviewers and Nomcom
members.  It would provide both a snapshot of what has been
going on and who has been contributing to keeping the process
working that is more permanent/ archival and accessible than a
collection of web pages.  It would also provide a type of
formally-published acknowledgement for those sorts of work to
which people and their organizations could point.

It might have rather high payoff in comparison to the cost of
the bits.  And I'd think that most of the data could be pulled
out of existing sources with a few tools and a little
secretariat effort (i.e., little or no additional work for ADs).

Or maybe I'm missing a serious downside.

best,
   john