Re: Sergeant at arms: please deal with mars(_dot_)techno(_dot_)cat(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com

2013-10-22 19:46:02
On 10/22/13 2:01 PM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
We could take a decision on future anonymous postings, if required, I'm
always pro-privacy, but I don't think this is applicable in IETF works,
and this include exploders. Again this is my personal point of view.

Is this your personal point of view of what the IETF
has agreed to, or is this your personal point of view
of what the IETF policy ought to be?

We had that discussion of anonymity vs. pseudonymity several months
ago and I don't think that any specific policy came out of it.
Several areas of concern were identified, most notably that
there may be some IPR issues which are masked by not identifying
yourself sufficiently to be able to determine institutional
affiliation/employment.  That doesn't seem to apply here.  It
may be case that we need to establish more explicit policies
around pseudonymity in IETF participation.  I hope that's not
the case but I'd like to make sure that we aren't making a
stand for anonymity and privacy in theory while not making
one in practice.

Melinda