RE: Review of: Characterization of Proposed Standards

2013-10-24 12:56:34
I don't see how that is possible.  Different SDOs have different focus areas
with clear interdependencies between the work.  We don't need to try to
replicate the work happening elsewhere, but rather should continue to play nice
with other SDOs.  It would be really hard to get all of the various experts
needed attend multiple forums because one SDO didn't want to reference the work
they did in another SDO.

Regards,
Kathleen

From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Abdussalam Baryun
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:04 PM
To: ietf
Cc:
draft-kolkman-proposed-standards-clarified(_dot_)all(_at_)tools(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Review of: Characterization of Proposed Standards

I don't agree with comparing our standards with other SDO standards within our
work, or even making our work process depend on other SDO products. IETF RFC
should try its best to have normative references that are RFCs not
dependent/government oriented. We may end up with a new name for our IETF, as
dependent IETF (DIETF).

AB