Re: Anti-harassment policy and ombudsperson

2013-11-05 12:31:50

--On Tuesday, 05 November, 2013 08:00 -0800 "Murray S.
Kucherawy" <superuser(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

That also seems to suggest to me that a BCP ought to be the
end-state of this effort.  I'd be happy to contribute to
working on such a thing.

The IESG can speak for themselves, but my sense is that there is
some feeling that we aren't ready for anything as formal and
permanent-looking as a BCP.  As Dave points out, that hypothesis
might be either true or false, but, if one believes it to be
true, then the question is what to do next/instead... especially
given the additional hypothesis that we have a problem and that
something needs to be done sooner rather than later.

What I'm feeling for is a model on which, if the IESG considers
it appropriate and is willing to explain why, we can get
something soon, with wide and careful community review at an
appropriate time, so the choice isn't "BCP or nothin" or
"nothing any time soon".

    john