Re: Alternative decision process in RTCWeb

2013-12-02 14:31:39

In this case, the waters are much murkier (there's nothing that specifically
says we can't vote), so I think it's reasonable to let the community take a
stab at how it wants proceed. If the WG can come up with a process that
involves sticking hands up in the air or paper ballots or whatever that still
protects (to quote a certain document) "the rights of all parties in a fair
and open Internet Standards Process", then we're doing "the right thing". But
they do have to come up with that fair and open process. I for one am willing
to wait and see if the WG and the larger IETF community can come to consensus
on how to do that.

Yes - agreed.

Jari