RE: Concerns about draft-moonesamy-ietf-conduct-3184bis-05 becoming a Best Current Practice

2013-12-31 13:03:40
3) As part of the third guideline, RFC 3184 says that the IETF is working
toward
a global Internet.  That is lost in the revised text, and I consider this a
major
problem with the new text.

There was an IESG Comment where it was suggested to align the text with that
RFC 3935.  I made the change in response to that comment.

I believe that comment was mine.
I pointed out that 3184 predated the mission statement in 3935 and that it would
be "better" (IMHO) to align this revision with the consensus mission statement
than to define the purpose of the IETF as an aside in this document.

I stand by that.

Adrian