Re: Last Call: <draft-farrell-perpass-attack-02.txt> (Pervasive Monitoring is an Attack) to Best Current Practice

2014-01-03 10:49:44
On Jan 3, 2014, at 11:34 AM, Eric Rosen <erosen(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote:
Well, here's a particularly egregious example of poor reasoning:  "since it
is already possible for the Security ADs to abuse their power, giving them
more tools and more excuses for doing so will have no effect."  An obvious
non-sequitur, but a good sound bite.

The point of the IETF stating a position on this is not to give ADs another
thing they can hassle document authors about.   It is to formally encourage
document authors and working groups to think about the issue.

Note the tone taken by proponents of the draft.  It has been suggested that
critics are at best wasting everyone's time, and at worst unethical.

I don't recall seeing anyone suggesting that.   Maybe I missed something—there
have been a lot of messages.  I do see a flaming diatribe from you, though.
If you are finding others' rhetoric uncomfortable, it might be worth listening
to your own with a more critical ear!   :}