Re: Multiple Namespaces Re: Split the IANA functions?

2014-01-09 13:41:17
On Jan 9, 2014, at 11:13 AM, Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
Working out a timeline to complete an effort to make all of this work is
left as an exercise to the reader

Since it's an infinite regression (any N namespaces can be converted to a
single
namespace by adding N unique suffixes or prefixes) I think the timescale
is infinite.

Seriously. We have a perfectly fine unambiguous namespace. Enough already.

The problem is that this issue keeps repeating, particularly in (shall we say)
non-technical venues. In a private message I semi-seriously suggested someone
should write an RFC that deprecates classes other than IN.  However, I'm
beginning to think this might not be that bad of an idea -- at least there
would be a document that the non-technical folks who keep raising the issue
could be pointed at...

Regards,
-drc