Re: Problem with new Note Well

2014-01-25 08:20:18

--On Saturday, January 25, 2014 16:41 +1300 Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

It's quite obvious from reading this thread that the IAOC needs
to revert to the previous Note Well text right now, until the
wording issue is resolved.

It is apparent to me though that the BCP *requires* disclosure
as a condition of participation, regardless of employment
agreements, and always has done. That's why there has always
been tolerance extended to allow corporate IPR departments to
have time to prepare and make disclosures at lawyerly speed.
Nothing new here except the more brutal wording.

Agreed.  Noting that the likely effect of "regardless of
employment agreements" if there really is a conflict in a
particular company-participant relations is "don't participate
in that" under the BCP and "don't attend" if the wording is more
brutal, we should have a lot of incentive to clean the language
up... and go back to the tested language until a cleaned-up
version is ready.

    john