RE: Policy of WG chairs in organising time for presentations and face2face discussions

2014-02-24 00:51:23
Abdussalam

you write:
I suggest in London that you assign only maximum 10 minutes present per WG
draft and maximum 5 minute for individual draft (as limit policy).
We need to use more input and have more face2face (F2F) discussion in our
meeting.

How many IETF meetings have you attended, and what experience do you base this
recommendation on?

Lloyd Wood
http://about.me/lloydwood
From: ietf [ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Abdussalam Baryun
[abdussalambaryun(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 24 February 2014 03:43
To: ietf
Subject: Policy of WG chairs in organising time for presentations and face2face
discussions

Dear IETF WGs' Chairs,

I suggest in London that you assign only maximum 10 minutes present per WG
draft and maximum 5 minute for individual draft (as limit policy). We need to
use more input and have more face2face (F2F) discussion in our meeting. I
remember we discussed this before but it will be nice if we know what chairs
are thinking before few days of the meeting.

Meeting time is money and that we need to improve the use of IETF times within
F2F WG discussions and decisions.  If an author cannot describe issues of draft
in 10 minutes then it will be difficult for the WG listeners to discuss and
make decisions within another 10 minutes per item. Please comment.

Best wishes,

Abdussalam

WG Meetings are needed for group interactions and group decisions not
individual presentations or individual decisions.