Re: Policy of WG chairs in organising time for presentations and face2face discussions

2014-02-24 11:21:34
On 2/24/14 7:39 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:
By publicly asking about the background of the person making the
suggestion, the public exchange moves from the merits of the suggestion
to the merits of the person making the suggestion.

I think it matters a lot whether or not someone has first-hand
knowledge of whether or not something they're proposing actually
works in practice.  Or at least it does in general - in this
case we've got a pretty good handle on AB's IETF experience and
the question was unnecessary.

At any rate IETF meetings are working meetings.  They are not
conferences.  AB is hardly alone in his confusion about this.

Melinda