Re: A suggestion for future Technical Plenaries

2014-03-06 05:03:13
On Mar 6, 2014, at 10:12 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy
<superuser(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
I think it might be helpful to engage a couple of random IETF participants
prior to plenary to see if the IAB overlooked anything.  This is not the
first time the IAB vetted a presentation that was ultimately not well
received by the audience.

I think Russ said that we would see announcements on the IETF mailing list much
earlier about the presentation being considered, so that we could get feedback.
  If so, I think this does what we need and we don't need to design any more of
a solution.

By the way, one of the other places folks should be encouraged to ask about
or offer suggestions for work in the IETF is from the floor, after the
presentation.

It will be quite a bit more productive than attacking the speaker...

Since that can be a charged discussion, I think it's unfortunate that the
place to bring it up is while said speaker is still in the room.

That was really awkward on Monday.   I was sitting right behind the speaker in
question, and watching him, I felt embarrassed by some of what people were
saying at the mic.