Re: "Archived-At" headers

2014-03-07 16:03:18
* Dale R. Worley wrote:
I've noticed that recently messages to the Ietf mailing list have been
sprouting "Archived-At" headers.  This seems to be a great
convenience.  But when I attempted to use one of these links,
http://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/rvA1yLD7Ds2BAxWYv3iN1ONAxJs
it turned out not to be what I expected -- it contained the message,
but none of the threading that I've learned to love in IETF mail
archives.

Which is all rather odd, since there *is* a URL that goes to the
"real" archive, and does give access to the threading:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg86465.html
Why is that URL not put into the Archived-At header?

Though to put the shoe on the other foot, I notice that the *former*
archive will show me the full headers of the message if I want, but
the latter archive won't.

I assume there are some technical reasons, Henrik Levkowetz (copied)
might be able to comment.
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern(_at_)hoehrmann(_dot_)de ·
http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de