Re: "Archived-At" headers

2014-03-14 08:02:26
* t.p. wrote:
I suspect that this facility cannot cope with my IE6 web browser, in
which case, it would be nice for the html to check that the browser is
of an adequate level, whatever that might be, and tell the user when it
is not.  Many websites do this (and, with the imminent end of support
for XP and 20% of the world still using XP, I expect that the response
of 'Update Your Software' will become an increasing irritant to the
world at large:-(.

If we take the Web as 25 years old, then Internet Explorer 6 is part of
the first half of the Web's existance. You are 13 years and five major
revisions behind and have reasonable alternatives available; you should
not expect constant reminders.
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern(_at_)hoehrmann(_dot_)de ·
http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de