Re: Anti-harassment procedures - next version

2014-03-09 08:14:25
Bjoern,

On 2014-03-09 13:40, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
* Patrik Fältström wrote:
On 2014-03-07 16:15, Abdussalam Baryun wrote:
AB/ text suggest/add/
If there is any remaining harassment message or record (which is
publicly evidence) after the reported attack and the decision made by
IETF, then the related harassment object MUST be removed/destroyed from
IETF public access and MAY be saved in private data base of the IETF.

I object strongly.

What has been visible on an IETF mailing list must also be visible in
the archives.

That might sound nice in principle but there are all sorts of overriding
interests where content should be removed, like wholly illegal content,
copyright violations, and certainly also content violating personality
rights. If, for instance, somebody is being harassed by having images of
them posted to IETF mailing lists, and the victim wants them removed, I
think such a request should be given very serious consideration.

We need to distinguish between the normal cases (the principle) and the
unusual circumstances. The unusual circumstances are safe guarded by a
set of rules. I think this works well, and no need to change.

The unusual circumstances does not include that I feel harassed by
someone repeatedly claims that wg chairs should be removed if they
fail to be report that there is some misbehavior on a mailing list.

/Loa

--

Loa Andersson                        email:
loa(_at_)mail01(_dot_)huawei(_dot_)com