Re: IAOC Seeks Community Input on IETF Website Revamp SOW

2014-03-15 06:17:04
Hi,

On 2014-3-14, at 21:24, Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
I understood that mandatory Javascript is unacceptable for accessibility
reasons.

I'm not sure this is fully true. The Boostrap framework, for example, discusses
ARIA issues in a number of places, and certainly depends on Javascript. In
other words, I think you can obviously totally mess up accessibility with
Javascript on a site, but you can also build a site that is accessible.

afaik the site is currently fully useable without Javascript
except for a few bells and whistles. This had better not change.

If the site remains as accessible as it is now (or gets better), why not?

Lars