Re: IAOC Seeks Community Input on IETF Website Revamp SOW

2014-03-17 14:58:19
On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Ted Lemon
<ted(_dot_)lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com> wrote:

While we certainly don't need a web site that doesn't continue to fill the
needs of its existing community, it's worth asking if "we" really means
what various people who have weighed in on this think it means.   What is
the target audience for the web site?   Is it IETF attendees?   The press?
  People who use our protocol specifications?   The open source community?
  Young geeks learning about networking?   Governments?   Other standards
bodies?

GSMA, as an example, has two completely different websites, one for the
public and one with less bling for document tracking and other work. The
public site doesn't even point to the members-only working one.