Re: Overlays and encapsulations (was Re: Engineering discussions )

2014-03-21 10:34:27
Dale,

I certainly wouldn't want to go to the "identify the application" stage
with the
issues that you've mentioned.  I'll try to ignore the DPI and encapsulating
of
applications in UDP or HTTP to get through firewalls and so on.

What I was thinking of is more aspects like identifying a micro-flow that
shouldn't
be reordered; if an application doesn't need this treatment, that's
different.

Regards,
Alia

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 7:19 PM, Dale R. Worley <worley(_at_)ariadne(_dot_)com>