Re: Mailman 2.1.16 [DMARC: perspectives from a listadmin of large open-source lists

2014-04-14 20:36:40
On 15/04/2014 10:02, John Levine wrote:
to something like:

From: Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com.INVALID>

That's what I do on my lists.  It was pretty easy to add in the shim
that adds the outgoing DKIM signature, and is the least painful thing
I could think of for my mostly non-technical users.

It's also much better than destroying everybody's From field, which rather
defeats the purpose of a mailing list to my mind. OK, Mailman 2.1.16
doesn't actually solve the problem in a useful way. Thanks.

   Brian

(or maybe instead of yahoo.com.INVALID, it should be
"yahoo.com.BREAKS.MAILING.LISTS"

Now, now, there's no LISTS TLD.  Yet.

R's,
John