Re: DMARC: perspectives from a listadmin of large open-source lists

2014-04-15 12:27:30
Hi Miles,
At 17:53 14-04-2014, Miles Fidelman wrote:
Depends on what you mean by "significant."

[snip]

Now, if you're an ISP or ESP that makes money off of sending bulk email, or providing a home for outbound spammers, maybe you don't consider list traffic to be "significant." But if you're an individual email USER - I expect that one or two email lists represent the MOST significant part of your email stream.

If the choice is to:

  (a) make money

  (b) put effort into what is in the interest of an individual user

What would people actually do?

What I mean by the word "significant" is what will make a corporation think thrice before it does anything against the interests of that group of people. There were a lot of messages on the various mailing lists where the topic has been raised. In my opinion there hasn't been any results up to now.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy