Re: DMARC: perspectives from a listadmin of large open-source lists

2014-04-14 17:33:53
On 04/14/2014 09:53 AM, MH Michael Hammer (5304) wrote:
The fact is that a vocal constituency led by John Levine made it extremely
clear that MLMs were out of scope and there was zero interest on the part of
the MLM community in discussing ways in which MLMs could be made to work in an
email authentication framework even if there were any MLM operators willing to
do so.

Mike,

While I appreciate your version of the history, the above (and the other places where you seem to be placing the blame on John Levine) read like a bad excuse to me. "John was mean to us" only works if John were somehow the elected representative of the MLM Software Cabal, and was speaking on their behalf.

We already have evidence that someone from the DMARC community reached out to the mailman devs and that resulted in forward motion on a solution. That effort should be both applauded and encouraged. Making excuses for not conducting additional such outreaches is just ... weak.

Doug