Re: (DMARC) We've been here before, was Why mailing lists

2014-04-17 16:02:27

MUAs that goof the semantics of the "Sender:" header field are either
not implementing EMail the way it has been specified by the IETF,
or they goofed the second part of the above explanation for SHOULD.

I wouldn't disagree. If you can find an Internet where everyone correctly implements every RFC, I'd sure like to see it. In the meantime, we're stuck with the one we have.

--
Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, http://jl.ly