Re: Author disclosures and conflict of interest

2014-04-28 09:22:56
"Adrian" == Adrian Farrel <adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:

    Adrian> Larry,
    Adrian> Is this as simple as adding to the "by submitting this draft, all
authors
    Adrian> confirm..." text?

no.
We need to actually develop a culture of disclosing our interests and
demanding that of our contributors.

Somewhere I should have needed to say that my attendance is funded by
Painless Security, who has two particular clients funding the work.
Perhaps a few sentences more than that.

Today, though, people use gmail addresses, it's fairly difficult to find
out who is funding them and in some cases people actively try to hide
that.

There are numerous cases where leaders have taken on very dubious roles
while being resistent to perceived conflicts that were raised by nomcom,
by members of the IESG, etc.

no, adding boiler plate is not the solution here.