Re: Call for volunteers for C/C++ API liaison manager

2014-05-02 02:33:04
On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 11:05:35PM -0400,
 Hector Santos <hsantos(_at_)isdg(_dot_)net> wrote
 a message of 25 lines which said:

Its a difficult task to manage a multiple language API for examples
of IETF protocols.  But it can be done.

I'm highly skeptical. For me, an API is always language-specific
because programming langauges are simply too different (typical
examples: parallel languages where concurrency is built-in
vs. programming languages where you need asynchronicity and callbacks,
programming languages with exceptions vs. programming languages with
return codes,etc).

In my experience, so called "high-level" API are not high-level at
all, they always assume a specific programming style, typically the
one of the language the author prefers.