Re: Call for volunteers for C/C++ API liaison manager

2014-05-04 03:42:50
On 2 May 2014 13:12, Alessandro Vesely <vesely(_at_)tana(_dot_)it> wrote:

On Thu 01/May/2014 04:36:49 +0200 Melinda Shore wrote:

I'm thinking of IPSec, newer DNS features, etc.  I think it's very
much in the interest of the IETF to have someone around who can
talk to some of the language standards bodies about how to expose
protocol features, how to deal with options, etc.

+1.  But I don't think the call refers to "language standards".  C and
C++, in particular, don't standardize such fundamental features as
multithreading.

C++11 has multithreading in both the model and the standard library - I
suspect you may well be a few years out of date.

Dave.