Re: Call for volunteers for C/C++ API liaison manager

2014-05-02 07:13:06
On Thu 01/May/2014 04:36:49 +0200 Melinda Shore wrote:

I'm thinking of IPSec, newer DNS features, etc.  I think it's very
much in the interest of the IETF to have someone around who can
talk to some of the language standards bodies about how to expose
protocol features, how to deal with options, etc.

+1.  But I don't think the call refers to "language standards".  C and
C++, in particular, don't standardize such fundamental features as
multithreading.  Although it mentioned WG14 and WG21, the IAB call
didn't say ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22 also participates in the Single Unix
Specification, which would seem a more appropriate place for Internet
related APIs.

Ale