Re: Last Call: <draft-iab-2870bis-01.txt> (DNS Root Name Service Protocol and Deployment Requirements) to Best Current Practice

2014-05-29 10:17:49

I would like every A-M.root-servers.net have an A and AAAA record.

I don't care how the root-server operators decide to partition to workload
among hardware.

Yes, that is my view as well.

Over time we will need more v6 responders and fewer v4
responders.
I don't think that there is, or should be, any requirement that v4 and v6 be
answered by the same system, and given anycast, they might even be in
different locations.

I think that the current text captures this just fine:

Agreed.

Jari