Re: Last Call: <draft-iab-2870bis-01.txt> (DNS Root Name Service Protocol and Deployment Requirements) to Best Current Practice

2014-05-30 09:22:58
the problem here is that rarely has the IETF managed to actually map its
expectations to operational reality.
RFC 2010 did, for about 60 days.   RFC 2870 never did.  And neither does this
document.
the trend line is away from credibility, which is not really where I think the
ietf should be headed, but ymmv.

if this document were to be recast as “Protocol Requirements for DNS Servers” -
that would be a valuable
document.  in its current form, not so much.

/bill
Neca eos omnes.  Deus suos agnoscet.

On 29May2014Thursday, at 23:38, Patrik Fältström <paf(_at_)frobbit(_dot_)se>