Re: Time to move beyond the 32 bit Internet.

2014-06-25 16:42:52
The fact that most users are not providing services on the net is not
true at all.

making it difficult for the end user to provide services is a dangerous
disfunction, the consumer-only couch potato intertnet.  we should strive
for a world where the user can control and publish their own data, not
be forced by isp edge policies and technologues into being owned by the
googles.

[ my edge router in hawi is an openwrt, and time warner will not even
  let me https or ssh to maintain it from the outside, e.g. to install
  security updates.  this is badly broken. ]

in the IoT, this will force the home user to be owned by the IoT device
providers with schemes where the devices have to 'call' their original
manufacturers to rendezvous.

randy