Re: Best tool to cut posts 6.25 inches square x 96 inches

2014-08-11 22:51:30
Use a quick square to mark layout lines at the cutoff point minus the distance
between the circular saw blade and the edge of the saw.   Adjust your circular
saw to a depth of about an inch.  Clamp the quick square down to the post on
one side lined up with the layout line.  Run the circular saw across the post
using the quick square edge as a guide.  Rotate the post 90 degrees and repeat.
 Do that twice more.

No need for a jig ( or chainsaw).  I assume this is a hollow post given your
dimensions and material list.

Mike

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 11, 2014, at 22:43, Phillip Hallam-Baker