Re: IETF-91 Question - Hilton Hawaiian village construction and resort fee

2014-08-18 16:39:26

--On Monday, August 18, 2014 16:54 -0400 Samuel Weiler
<weiler(_at_)watson(_dot_)org> wrote:

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014, Ray Pelletier wrote:

The construction referred to at Fairmont was not actually
construction being conducted by the hotel, but by the City of
Toronto.

I heard construction noises from my room that the hotel staff
guessed were coming from the 9th floor of the hotel.  Were
those activies really being conducted by the city, with no
control by the hotel?  I doubt it.

I heard what I imagine were similar noises, got the same story,
and hotel staff (not the front desk) confirmed it was hotel
maintenance.

Either way, city construction on a long-planned project that has
apparently been going on for more than a year is not exactly an
act of G-d.  While emergencies are another matter entirely, I
suggest that, if the hotel promises "no construction" and means
"except for city projects and/or things the city makes us do",
they are being disingenuous is not outright deceptive.

(Yes, there was lots of
city construction outside, but something seemed to be
happening high up in the structure of the hotel, too.)

Yep.

    john