Re: Hawaii Block - going, going....

2014-08-22 11:59:31
I booked the IETF block the nights it was available, and hotels.com for the
nights it wasn't. We'll see how many room changes that translates into!

Spencer

On Friday, August 22, 2014, Andrew Allen <aallen(_at_)blackberry(_dot_)com>
wrote:

I was just able to book king bed resort room - but only from Sunday
through to Saturday.

It would seem to be an issue if you want to come a day or two early though
(not available Friday and Saturday before IETF starts)

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf [mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org <javascript:;>] On Behalf
Of
Michael StJohns
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2014 12:56 AM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org <javascript:;>
Subject: Hawaii Block - going, going....

I saw the email for the Hawaii IETF registration when I got home about 30
minutes ago.  I immediately got online to book the hotel, and as of 12:48
(exactly 3 hours after the announcement), all of the Ocean View rooms are
gone as well as the King bed resort view rooms, leaving only the 2 Double
Bed  resort view rooms.  Impressive take rate (assuming at least somewhat
even distribution between King and DB rooms).

I wouldn't be surprised to find the block filled by sometime tomorrow.

Mike