RE: Hawaii Block - going, going....

2014-08-26 14:03:33
Hi,

The DoubleTree, 5 minutes by foot from the Hilton, currently has a
saturday-2-saturday rate of 189 USD (no resort tax). The rate is refundable
(same 72 hour cancellation policy as the Hilton IETF rate).

It has got good reviews on TripAdviser, and D3 has never let me down so far...

Regards,

Christer

From: joel jaeggli [joelja(_at_)bogus(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, 26 August 2014 9:44 PM
To: dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net; Thomas Clausen; Christer Holmberg
Cc: ietf; Stewart Bryant
Subject: Re: Hawaii Block - going, going....

On 8/26/14 11:36 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:
On 8/26/2014 11:25 AM, joel jaeggli wrote:
When I looked, the equus which is like two blocks away was like $145,
for the IETF dates.

I'm not saying I recomend it, but the problem with Honolulu isn't a lack
of hotels

Now I'm confused.

I thought there was a goal of having a reasonable range of nearby hotel
costs, for hotels that were actually reasonable to stay at.

Citing the cost goal, without satisfying the adequacy goal, seems a bit
odd, Joel.

Never stayed there so I can't speak to adequacy, I considered it but
$185 seems like a pretty good deal for the hilton. proximity is not
disputable.

d/