Re: Hawaii Block - going, going....

2014-08-26 14:04:23
A very quick search for room from Nov 9-14 shows availability of rooms at
the Aqua Palms Waikiki for $139 a night (including taxes) and it's probably
closer to the convention center than some of the Hilton towers. And it has
a better rating on trip advisor than the Hilton.

The Equus for $165 a night looks even better.  Great reviews--far better
than the Hilton's. And lots more. The Doubletree has rooms for $216/night.

All reasonable, close, and with good ratings--all better than the Hilton,
except the Doubletree.

And this just scratches the surface. There's easily 6 hotels that are both
cheaper and have better ratings than the Hilton, and still have rooms for
the IETF week, within a few blocks. What's the problem?

Chris.