Re: Hawaii Block - going, going....

2014-08-26 13:18:06
Just to chip in…this has been the hardest IETF to get workable rooms at, for me
— as in, rooms that will pass the bean-counter sniff-test, as well as the
manager sniff-test.

Arriving and leaving Saturday, and staying anywhere near the IETF hotel, would
have set me back $300+/night, it seemed, which unquestionably would have been
conductive to a conclusion of “that much, on Hawaii - no way we’re paying for
what clearly is his vacation!"

So I am looking forward to daily 30min walks to/from the venue. And, probably,
to sharing room with a colleague.

Can we go back to Minneapolis in March, please?

Or, for that matter, to any other place which does not raise the
“work-or-vacation?” suspicion.

Thomas

On Aug 26, 2014, at 20:06, Christer Holmberg