Re: dmarc damage, was gmail users read on... [bozo subtopic]

2014-09-11 15:41:51
On 9/11/14 1:20 PM, John Levine wrote:
Perhaps you could share what you're doing with the secretariat? I agree
with John Klensin that it would be awesome for the IETF to become
thought leaders in creating a solution for mailing lists in the p=reject
era.

Um, as I said two messages ago:

I've collected all of the DMARC workarounds I know on the ASRG wiki:
http://wiki.asrg.sp.am/wiki/Mitigating_DMARC_damage_to_third_party_mail

Two responses to that, in no particular order of importance:

1. So you said, and yet the mere existence of that page out on the intertubez has (oddly enough) not yet spurred the secretariat into action.

2. In a previous message you also indicated that you had some sort of forwarding solution that you're using which has been successful for you. IME approaching someone with a statement to the effect of, "Here is a solution which I have used successfully and would be willing to help you implement" generally has a much better response rate than "Here is a URL with a list of possible solutions." YMMV of course.

At the end of the day the question remains, do we want to solve this problem, or do we want to continue complaining about it?

Doug