Re: Substantial nomcom procedure updates (Was: Re: Consolidating BCP 10 (Operation of the NomCom))

2014-09-16 16:49:41
On 9/16/2014 2:31 PM, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
And from experiences we all have been through, I would stronglye xpect
even more complex and difficult discussions if we open the document up
to substantive changes.

Taken on its face, this appears to be an argument for never making any
changes to any aspect of IETF infrastructure.

The pain level of getting anything in the IETF's infrastructure to be
changed is high enough to make that argument plausible, but of course it
isn't -- or rather, it must not be -- acceptable.

So the question is whether the problems of concern are serious enough to
warrant the very likely (nay, certain) pain?

Or perhaps the question to ask is what specific problems, dangers,
benefits, etc., do folk consider worth working to prevent or ensure?

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking